Prefabricated stainless steel
custom fabricated stainless steel
If you are about to start a new custom fit out which requires stainless steel fabrication, it is worth considering if prefabrication stainless steel or custom stainless steel is right for your build. There has been a shift towards modular buildings in the construction industry as improvements in technology have allowed for more off site manufacturing in construction projects. This blog will outline the benefits and drawbacks of prefabricated and custom built stainless steel to help you work out what is the best fit for your upcoming project.
Prefabrication is also known as off-site fabrication, which involves making a component offsite and shipping them to the site for assembly. Generally these units are sourced from overseas so knowing the quantity required is a must.
s steel vs Prefabricated stain
Benefits for prefabricated stainless steel
- Cheaper: prefabrication in your commercial fit out can reduce you labour cost as you need less people onsite.
- Faster: offsite fabrication can generally be turned around quickly as long as the stock is available for the project being undertaken.
Downfalls of prefabrication stainless steel
- Less choice: when opting for a prefabricated or modular construction you will not have as much choice compared to a custom made product.
- Quality: depending on the item you are purchasing a good understanding on where the units are made and the thickness of the stainless and the durability of the stainless steel legs
Custom fabricated stainless steel is designed and custom built to fit your needs. Custom stainless steel may include benches for your commercial kitchens, bars or food van fit out, the options are endless.
Benefits for custom built stainless steel
- Tailored to your space: with custom stainless steel fabrication your stainless steel work can be made to your exact specifications of your interior space.
- Quality: when using custom fabricated stainless steel you are assured that the quality will be superior to prefabricated counter parts.
- Space saver: when working with a residential or commercial space like a food truck or kitchen, every millimeter counts. Using custom stainless steel fabrication for your fit out or renovation can help you to save crucial space and improve efficiency making it a worthwhile investment.
- Easy to clean: stainless steel is the preferred material for commercial kitchens due to it’s impermeable surface which is easy to clean. When using a custom built bench top or shelf you will be able to ensure you limit the amount of gaps and hard to reach areas for cleaning.
- Durable: While stainless steel products tend to cost more than other materials, they end up saving you money in the long run as they are durable and resistant to corrosion.
Costs of custom built stainless steel
- Cost: while custom stainless steel will bring you the best quality money can buy, it does come at a cost. However if you have the flexibility to spend upfront a custom built product will save you money in the long term.
- Time: as your fabricator will need to source the materials and construct the item themselves this will take time. This is one of the main draw backs of a custom built item, you have to allow for this additional time in your project.
If you are looking for a quality finish and most efficient use of space, custom build stainless steel is the way to go. However, if you are looking to turn around a project within a tight budget and timeframe prefabricated options are hard to overlook. We hope this blog has helped you to decide which option is right for you.
Thank you and I hope this all helps on your journey into Hospitality
Reign In Design Pty Ltd